Installation Vinyl Planks
All installations must be in accordance with NZS AS 1884 – Floor coverings – Resilient sheet and tiles – Installation practices and these instructions.
Homesoul Flooring recommends installation be carried out by a professional flooring installer.
All vinyl plank floors have been tested and are recommended for use with the recommended adhesives.
Manufacturer cannot guarantee the performance of products installed with any other adhesives.
General1. Inspect product in good lighting conditions to ensure it is correct
(colour, quality and quantity) as ordered. Open boxes cannot
be returned. Vinyl planks are for interior use only.
2. Ensure conditions of both product and site are in balance before,
during and after installation. The product and all adhesives being
used must be acclimatised in the installation area for at least
24-48 hours prior to commencement of installation in unopened
packs at temperature between 18-27°C and a relative humidity
between 35-75%. This temperature and humidity range is to be
maintained before, during and after installation. Packs should be
stacked flat on the floor during acclimatisation and not be opened
until the day of installation.
3. Subfloor must comply with NZS AS 1884 and be solid, level, dry,
smooth, clean and free from all contaminants and substances
which could be harmful to vinyl or adhesive. The installer must
inspect and approve the subfloor as satisfying these requirements
prior to installation. If required, remove any contaminants. Do not
install over existing floor coverings as any such installation may
4. Only use a manufacturers recommended Hard-Set Adhesive. For high temperature areas, areas exposed to direct/strong sunlight and/or standing water and all wet area
installations, a High Temperature Adhesive (HT) must be used
(see above). Use the correct notched trowel as recommended
by the adhesive manufacturer. Wet areas should be perimeter
sealed with flexible silicone filler and adhesive manufacturer
recommendations for wet rooms must be carefully followed.
5. Check each plank for visual defects in optimal lighting before
and during installation. Always use planks from several packs,
ensure an appropriate stagger, and inspect each plank to get the
best-balanced visual installation. Never install defective product.
Installation is recognised as acceptance of all visual defects.
6. Install the flooring according to NZS AS 1884 and the adhesive
manufacturer’s directions. Where product is installed to other
floor coverings, the edges should be protected by the use of
suitable trims or diminishing strips
7. Post installation maintain the site temperature as per the adhesive
manufacturer’s directions (normally 48 hours at 18-27°C and a
relative humidity between 35-75%).
8. Protect the floor post installation.
1. Wet rooms can be installed, however where a floor waste is
installed the planks can be difficult to form to the floor gradient
correctly. Check to ensure product suitability/compliance
with your local building code. Where an underlay is required
in a wet area, it must be a fibre cement underlay. Adhesive
manufacturers recommendations for wet rooms must be
2. For installations where underfloor heating is used the floor
surface temperature must not exceed 27°C or have any floor
coverings upon it to fluctuate above this. Refer to NZS AS 1884
clause 4.1.3 for scope of preparing and conditioning the subfloor
pre and post installation. Please contact your retailer representative to confirm suitability and further installation
3. The correct application and curing time of the adhesive is the
most critical point to maintain product stability. Please carefully
follow the adhesive manufacturer’s directions and correctly
acclimatise the products.
4. Areas of high or extreme temperature fluctuations (e.g. north
facing floor-to-ceiling windows) and/or high or extreme humidity
variations require specialist adhesive advice. Homesoul Flooring
recommends a HT Hard-Set adhesive or PU adhesive for these
5. Where an acoustic underlay is to be installed, follow the
instructions of the acoustic underlay supplier and the adhesive
6. Care and Maintenance Instructions must be followed to maintain
the product warranty. Please ensure these instructions are left
with the occupier.